Fundamental - Factsheet
SINGAPORE AIRLINES LTD
Quotes 10 Minutes Delayed. Updated at 23 May 2013 17:04
|Change (%): -0.18
|Buy Volume ('000)
||Sell Volume ('000)
|Cumulative Volume ('000)
|Short Term Return
|-5.41 %||-3.82 %||-0.64 %|
|Medium Term Return
|-0.91 %||+3.84 %||+6.18 %|
|Long Term Return
|-18.76 %||-19.22 %||-18.58 %|
|52 Weeks Range
||10.060 - 11.450
||Change From 52 Weeks Low
||% Change From 52 Weeks Low (%)
|Change From 52 Weeks High
||% Change From 52 Weeks High (%)
Price movements are based on adjusted historical data.
Percentage changes are based on comparison of last done price with historical closing price from 5 days, 10 days, 20 days, 13 weeks(3 months), 26 weeks(6 months), 52 weeks(1 year), 104 weeks(2 years), 156 weeks(3 years) and 260 weeks(5 years) ago.
Singapore Airlines Limited (?Singapore Airlines?) was incorporated as a public company with limited liability and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited on 28 January 1972.
Its history began in 1947 when a twin-engined Airspeed Consul under the Malayan Airways Ltd?s insignia started scheduled services between Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh and Penang. Malayan Airways Ltd grew steadily and by 1955, international services were added to its operations.
With the formation of the Federation of Malaysia in 1963, the airline was renamed Malaysian Airways Ltd. In 1966 the governments of Malaysia and Singapore acquired joint control of the airline, which was then renamed Malaysia-Singapore Airlines Ltd. In 1971, MSA was restructured into 2 entities: Singapore Airlines and Malaysia Airline System.
Singapore Airlines, a full member of the global Star Alliance, is one of the world's premium airlines, with the distinction of operating a young and modern fleet. The Singapore Airlines route network extends across 160 destinations in 50 countries, including those served by Singapore Airlines Cargo, regional airline subsidiary SilkAir, and codeshare partners. The Singapore Airlines Group has over 20 subsidiaries, covering a range of airline-related services from cargo to engine overhaul. Singapore Airlines also has 49 percent shareholdings in Virgin Atlantic and a 32.8 percent stake in Tiger Airways.
Principal activities of the Group consist of air transportation, engineering services and other airline related activities.
More Information Available
More information is available to our subscribers, including:
- Market Moving News from Dow Jones
- Fundamentals(PE, Dividend Yield, Market Cap, NAV, Stock Classification etc)
- Dividend/Distribution History
- Sector Comparison
- Financial Summary with Financial Period Comparison
- Comprehensive Financial Ratios(ROA, ROE, Price/Revenue, Net Earnings Margin, Current Ratio, Debt to Equity Ratio etc)
- Events Calendar for Results Announcements, Ex-Dates etc
- Insider Buying and Selling Report
- Historical Price Data, including VWAP(Volume Weighted Average Price
- Up To 5 Years of Annual Reports
If you are an existing subscriber, please login. If not, read up on what you are missing out in our Help Centre and join us as a subscriber.
While reasonable efforts have been taken to ensure that the calculations performed by the features of this site are reliable, the features are provided on the basis that:-
- no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies resulting from your use of these features;
- many of the data inputs (including share prices) are obtained from third party sources for which we assume no responsibility.