Fundamental - Factsheet
COMPACT METAL INDUSTRIES LTD
Quotes 10 Minutes Delayed. Updated at 14 Oct 2013 07:12
|Last (SGD): 0.008
|Change (%): -
|Buy Volume ('000)
||Sell Volume ('000)
|Cumulative Volume ('000)
The Company was founded in 1973 under the name of Compact Metal Industries Pte Ltd. Its core business then was the fabrication of mild steel windows which was widely used in public housing projects. In the 1980s, it switched to aluminium windows and doors.
In 1989, the Group transferred part of its labour intensive operations to Malaysia. In 1992, it moved into Indonesia with the acquisition of 19 percent of PT Cakra, an Indonesian manufacturer of aluminium sections. It was converted into a public company the following year. In 1993, it established a joint venture in China.
In its diversification plans, the Group acquired a brick factory and developed the Mercure Ace Hotel, a budget hotel in Malaysia in 1995. In 1999, it built a new 17,000 sq m corporate headquarters building and factory in Tuas.
The Group positions itself as a one-stop aluminium specialist, providing complete solutions to the aluminium architectural products industry. This is achieved through its vertically integrated operations, which includes billet casting, extrusion manufacturing, powder and fluorocarbon coating, design, fabrication and installation.
The principal activities of the Company are those relating to the manufacture and sale of aluminium windows and doors, and investment holding.
More Information Available
More information is available to our subscribers, including:
- Market Moving News from Dow Jones Newswires
- Consensus Estimates
- Dividend/Distribution History
- Financial Summary with Financial Period Comparison
- Comprehensive Financial Ratios(ROA, ROE, Price/Revenue, Net Earnings Margin, Current Ratio, Debt to Equity Ratio etc)
- Events Calendar for Results Announcements, Ex-Dates etc
- Insider Buying and Selling Report
If you are an existing subscriber, please login. If not, read up on what
you are missing out in our Help Centre
and join us as a subscriber.
While reasonable efforts have been taken to ensure that the calculations performed by the features of this site are reliable, the features are provided on the basis that:-
- no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies resulting from your use of these features;
- many of the data inputs (including share prices) are obtained from third party sources for which we assume no responsibility.